Here's what we did:
In this exercise, we answered a few questions about happiness, rating on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 being ecstatic), how happy each of us are with our team.
On a white board, write four questions:
- How happy are you with your team right now?
- What is working best for us as a team?
- What is working worst for us as a team?
- What we could do right now to make us happier?
- Have the team write a sticky note, rating their answer to question 1.
- For each subsequent question, they can write as many notes as they want and place them next to the questions.
- Review the notes, group them together to find common themes, and agree on any actions to take away which might increase team happiness.